We have created our website with WordPress. It’s definitely recommended if you have time or/and any knowledge yet on how to install a template on WordPress and work with it.
If this is not the case, and if you need more support and a platform to create a website for your business in the most simple way; Wix or Strikingly might be the solution for you. Both platforms offer simple, easy-to-use tools for creating beautiful websites. But a Strikingly website or a wixsite, which one is the best option if you want to build a business website for free?
To help you decide, we’ve put together a comparison guide. This guide will take you through the key differences between Wix and Strikingly, and help you decide which platform is best for your needs.
So, let’s get to it!
Wix vs Strikingly: The Basics
They both have website builders that allow you to create a free website without any coding knowledge. Whether it’s going to be a Strikingly website or a Wixsite, it will look great.
With the Wix website builder, you can make a website using their drag-and-drop editor. This editor is simple to use and offers a wide range of customization options. It allows you to set up a website from scratch or use one of their pre-designed templates. With Wix, you can create a free website in any language, and there are no limits on page length or the number of pages. You can also use Wix to create a professional online store.
Strikingly is a website builder that specializes in creating one-page websites. While you can make a multi-page website with Strikingly, their focus is on helping you create a simple, effective one-page website.
They also offer a range of pre-designed templates, which makes it easy to set up a professional and free website in minutes.
Wix website builder
They are famous for it, and it’s true, Wix is one of the easiest website builders to build a website with. All you need is an internet connection and a Wix account. Once you have both of those, you can begin creating your wixsite. The first step is to choose a template. Wix offers almost 1000 templates to choose from, so you are sure to find one that fits your needs. After you have chosen a template, you can begin adding content to your wixsite. You can add text, images, videos, and even forms. Once you are happy with it, you can publish it and share it with the world.
- A drag-and-drop editor for easy website creation
- A wide range of Wix templates and designs (900+)
- The ability to add your own custom HTML and CSS code
- Integrated eCommerce functionality
- Solid infrastructure of all Wix sites, that meets the needs of search engines + they give you a personalized SEO Setup Checklist
- enterprise-grade security
- You can design your logo for free
- Support is available through the Wix Help Button, you have access to support in 14 languages
And if you are too busy to finish your site, or you would like some help on the SEO part, it’s easy to get the help you need on the Wix marketplace. This is a great resource for businesses of all sizes. It offers a wide range of services, from website design and development to social media campaigns. And because it’s all managed through a single platform, it’s easy to get started and get the results you need.
Wix is recommended for anyone who wants an easy, enjoyable website-building experience without sacrificing looks or features. It’s great if you own a small business and want to establish an online presence quickly and easily. And if you ever need to add an online store or other advanced features, Wix makes it easy to do so.
Wix website pricing and web hosting
Wix has a free version that gives you access to 100s of templates, unlimited pages, and free hosting. If you upgrade to Premium you get even more benefits.
- Combo Plan is $16/mo (2GB bandwidth, 3GB storage).
- Unlimited Plan is $22/mo (unlimited bandwidth, 10GB storage).
- VIP Plan is $45/mo (unlimited bandwidth, 35GB storage, priority customer support).
- The Business and eCommerce Plans have unlimited bandwidth, secure online payments, customer accounts, unlimited products, abandoned cart recovery, and a free, custom domain for 1 year. Business Basic at $27/mo (20GB storage, but no subscribers or use of multiple currencies). Business Unlimited is $32/mo (35GB storage, multiple currencies, subscribers, 100 transactions/month with automated sales tax calculation). Business VIP at $59/mo (50GB storage, subscribers, multiple currencies, unlimited video hours, 500 transactions/month with automated sales tax calculation).
All plans include:
- SSL encryption
- Unlimited number of pages
- Free hosting
Strikingly website builder
Strikingly is a free website builder that launched in 2012. The website builder’s focus is creating single-page websites without any programming skills, making it interesting for marketers and small businesses. You see a lot of portfolios, product landing pages or event pages made with Strikingly, it’s easy to show all your information on one good-looking page. In addition to your showcase, you can also add an online store (500 products max.) and a blog.
- Pre-designed templates to help you create a professional website quickly and easily
- A focus on helping you create an effective one-page website
- Integrated eCommerce functionality
- Great support, featuring live chat or leave them a message in the contact form
- 100+ free templates to choose from
Strikingly website pricing and web hosting
- Unlimited Free Sites
- Strikingly.com Domain
- 5 GB Monthly Bandwidth
- 500 MB total storage per site
- Multiple Pages – 5 pages per site
- Simple Store – 1 product per site
- Invite Collaborators
- 24/7 Support
Strikingly has four plans: Free, Limited, Pro, and VIP. The Free plan gives users all the basic features you see above
The Limited plan costs $12/month – $8/yearly and gives users access to unlimited sites and moderators, as well as 1GB of storage.
The Pro plan costs $20/month – $16/yearly and gives users access to almost all of Strikingly’s features, including 3 pro sites, 20GB storage, and a custom domain name.
Finally, the VIP plan costs $59/month – $49/yearly and gives users all of the features of the Pro plan, plus 100GB storage and priority customer support.
All paid plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee and Strikingly also offers discounts for annual billing.
CON’s of both website builders
Both are amazing platforms to build your website with, but of course, there are cons and we don’t want to withhold that from you.
Cons of a WIX website:
- Templates not interchangeable.
- Free plan forces Wix branding.
- Tracking and analytics require a paid plan.
- Your site isn’t transferrable.
- You might need additional apps and plugins and pay for that
Cons of a Strikingly website:
- The focus on one-page websites can be limiting
- You can’t add your own code
- If you use Strikingly’s free plan, your website will have Strikingly branding
- Some of the designs look a bit dated (but it’s up to you which one you choose)
- If SEO is important to you, you might end up disappointed with the free plan options
Strikingly website or a wixsite: The Verdict
So, which platform is the best option for you?
Both have an easy-to-use website builder, that offers a range of features to help you create a beautiful website. So, which one should you choose?
If it’s going to be a Strikingly website or a Wixsite, that depends on your website needs. If you’re looking for a platform that offers more flexibility and customization options, then Wix is the best option. However, if you’re looking for a platform that specializes in creating one-page websites, then Strikingly might be the better choice.
So, take some time to explore both and see which website builder is the best fit for you! If you need inspiration before you start on your website check out our post on aesthetic websites to get you going 😉